So why is it important to have a blog on your website?
Because it essentially shows your market that you are the industry leader in cars in your city! Be there for your customers and answer their questions.
Google loves fresh content. It shows that your site is always being updated and properly maintained. Google will consider ranking websites that have fresh content over websites with stagnant text.
When people like what they read, they share it or link to your posts. The more links you have pointing to your site, the better. Links act as references for your website; people are essentially recommending your site for others to read, which increases rankings.
Now that you have decided to start a blog, the easy part is over. Coming up with unique blog topics is the hard part. You want to keep an engaged audience by answering your customers’ questions, as people tend to Google by asking questions. For example, “Where is the closest Toyota dealership?” or “Is the Toyota Corolla better than a Honda Civic?” If you write blogs around searchers’ questions, you can increase your traffic, which then increases your rankings.
Here are some cool blog post ideas to get you started.
- Should you lease or finance a new car?
- Is it safe to fill out a credit application on a dealership website?
- What are the top places for road trips around your city?
- What happens when you get your car detailed?
- How to winterize your car.
- Comparison of vehicles. Always been a Honda lover?
- Why not try Ford. Benefits of buying a used car over a new car.
- What happens to a car once it’s traded in to a dealership?
- How much money do I need to save for a down payment on a car?
- Winter tires vs. all-season tires.
- Top car add-ons people swear they can’t live without. (heated seats, satellite radio)
- 10 things to check before buying a used car.
- How often should you get an oil change?
- What are the top off-roading places around your city?
- Review car features, review cars, review services. People are always searching for reviews.
Now get blogging!
Written by Samantha Goettel
Organic Search (SEO) Director
Samantha started off in the traditional Marketing industry by obtaining her Marketing Diploma & a Bachelor of Management Degree in Lethbridge, Alberta. During her University years she attended l'Université Libre de Brussels, Solvay School of Business in Brussels, Belgium in French for a University Exchange Program. 9 months later she was already off to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to work for an international oil & gas company in their marketing department. After her many travelling adventures, Samantha moved to Edmonton to work as a Marketing Coordinator for a Canadian Franchise. She quickly learned that the future of Marketing was on the internet. She switched from a career in traditional Marketing to a career in Online Marketing, Organic Search & SEO in 2010 & has never looked back. In 2013 she studied Web Design & Development at Grant Macewan University. She also loves to backpack adventure travel and is a big foodie who loves to cook.